Joseph Smith the Prophet Review

Joseph Smith the Prophet
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Joseph Smith the Prophet? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Joseph Smith the Prophet. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Joseph Smith the Prophet ReviewTruman Madsen here draws on a deep well of primary (and other) sources to bring the reader to know the prophet Joseph. Madsen writes, "If my elementary shifting of documents and sharing of impressions moves others to look not simply at Joseph Smith but through him to the Master - and, with those efforts, to take a searching look at themselves - my efforts will have been more than worthwhile" (p5).
This book is the written adaptation of Madsen's famous Joseph Smith tapes, recorded from a series of lectures at BYU's Education Week. I heard these tapes when I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1994 or 1995 and was deeply inspired. A few years ago, I borrowed a copy of the tapes from my brother and had a very different reaction: I found Madsen's wildly dramatic delivery of the lectures distracting and annoying. But the stories were still powerful, so I obtained a copy of the book. I'm very glad that I did.
The book could be subtitled, "Marvelous and powerful stories you don't know about the prophet Joseph Smith and his friends," for ultimately - beyond the structure Madsen places on them - that is what the book entails. Much of the deliciousness appears in the footnotes, where Madsen gives his sources (again, most of them primary) and tells stories that don't fit in the lectures.
The book starts from the assumption that Joseph Smith is a prophet and a good man. For a more historical and thorough treatment of Joseph Smith (also by a member of the Church), try Bushman's Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling.
I found it very inspiring. It indeed led me to look beyond Joseph and the other early members to the Savior: their love for Him and for His work inspires me to seek to do and to be better.Joseph Smith the Prophet Overview

Want to learn more information about Joseph Smith the Prophet?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment