Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy Practical Development Environments? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Practical Development Environments. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
Practical Development Environments ReviewThis is an important work that should be required reading for the following individuals:1. Software Engineering students
2. Build/Release engineers
3. All new software engineers starting off
When I started my professional software career, I wish that I had a book like this that I could have read before I ever wrote a line of code. When an engineer is starting off, they are fresh out of school with a whole bunch of theory floating in their head and a myriad of projects they have just worked on, but this does not deal with how software is actually MADE in the real world. No matter how well you understand the difference between a reference and a pointer, in order to be a successful software engineer you still need to know how software actually gets built by a team of people and that's what makes 'Practical Development Environments' by Matthew Doar so great and so USEFUL.
This book isn't about how to code, rather how code gets out the door. Sure you might be able to create some classes, methods, and know how to interact with them, but have you ever really thought about how code is managed? How it gets tested? How many engineers work on the same piece of code without stumbling on each others toes?
The author does just that in this book, as he examines the intricacies of what source control is and some of the most popular SCM solutions are out there. The author discusses how important testing is and the tools that can be used to track, modify, and fix bugs quickly and efficiently. Mr. Doar talks about the maintenance cycle of how code is hotfixed after releases are made, and the scripts and documentation that goes along with said releases and upgrades.
Writing code is not just about opening up a C++ project and making a few classes and doing some unit testing. Writing good code is a PROCESS in itself, and it's important that all engineers present and future understand what goes into getting a product out the door. I honestly wish that I had something like this back when I was in school, it would have prepared me better for everything that I learned later and possibly would have helped avoid some of the potholes that I encountered along the way.
This is an important work and I found it very useful, if for nothing else than stressing how many aspects there are to getting software out beyond writing it and selling it.
***** HIGHLY RECOMMENDEDPractical Development Environments Overview
Want to learn more information about Practical Development Environments?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment